JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager works under the direct supervision of the CFO and is responsible for the accuracy of the monthly financial statements, reconciliation of the general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable supervision, overall responsibility for month end journal entries and closing procedures, and tax and audit support.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare recurring journal entries, such as payroll and commissions, fixed assets, prepaid assets, accrued liabilities, etc.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers
- Apply accounting principles to the financial operation of the business and assist the CFO to estimate future revenues and expenditures for the preparation of budgets
- Analyze current and historical account records, expense and revenue trends, variance analysis, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments and obligations incurred
- Establish necessary accounts to add to the Chart of Accounts
- Supervise staff and job functions, including A/R and A/P
- Responsible for all GL account reconciliation and review
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Assist CFO with annual audit requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting position with specific experience in general accounting, including A/P, A/R, general ledger and financial reporting and analysis preferred
- Experience in staff supervision and team leadership preferred
- Software or SaaS industry experience a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills with spreadsheet and word processing ability.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, subordinates, co-workers and associates.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.