JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant works under the direct supervision of the CFO and is responsible for the accuracy of the monthly financial statements, reconciliation of the general ledger, daily corporate accounting functions and tasks, overall responsibility for month end journal entries and closing procedures, and tax and audit support.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the accounting department;
- Preparing monthly reports, bank reconciliations and account analysis;
- Take charge of a variety of corporate accounting functions and tasks;
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities;
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers;
- Apply accounting principles to the financial operation of the business and assist the CFO to estimate future revenues and expenditures for the preparation of budgets;
- Analyze current and historical account records, expense and revenue trends, variance analysis, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments and obligations incurred;
- Establish necessary accounts to add to the Chart of Accounts;
- Responsible for all GL account reconciliation and review;
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns;
- Assume a senior role in our annual financial statement audit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years' experience in an accounting position with specific experience in general accounting, including A/P, A/R, general ledger and financial reporting and analysis preferred
- Software or SaaS industry experience a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills with spreadsheet and word processing ability.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers and associates
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.