Exchange Online Unified Messaging
Microsoft announced that as of July 2018 they will be discontinuing support for Session Border Controllers (SBC) to connect third-party PBX systems to Exchange Online Unified Messaging (UM). This news forces many Microsoft customers to seek an alternative Unified Messaging solution for Office 365 that can connect to their existing on-premise PBX.
AVST provides Microsoft customers with a secure and flexible enterprise-class Unified Messaging solution that enables them to continue using their existing PBX investments until they are ready to transition to the cloud and Skype for Business over time.
AVST delivers Unified Messaging to Office 365 while integrating with current and future PBX investments.
- Integrates with all leading PBX/IP-PBX phone systems – Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft and more
- Ability to continue using Exchange UM Outlook forms
- Enables an easy migration path from existing premise-based PBX to Skype for Business, Premise or Cloud
- Economically provides an enterprise-class Unified Messaging solution that integrates with on-premise PBXs
AVST is offering a significant incentive to ease the economic impact of this UM challenge for enterprises.
Call Us to learn about our Exchange Online UM promotion (866) 368-0400
The AVST Alternative to Exchange Online UM
Microsoft Gold Communications and Messaging Competencies
AVST is proud to be a member of the Microsoft Partner ecosystem, holding Gold Communications and Messaging Competencies for CX-E. These competencies distinguish AVST as being within the top 1% of the Microsoft Partner ecosystem.
AVST is pleased to offer Microsoft customers an alternative Unified Messaging solution that enables them to continue to enjoy the benefits of Exchange-based UM, regardless of their current or future PBX, with no interruption in service.
7 Steps to UM SuccessClick Here to Download
Quick Guide: Understanding Your OptionsClick Here to Download
- Read Microsoft’s Technical Blog: Discontinuation of Support
- Read AVST’s Press Release
- Download 7 Steps to Unified Messaging Success
- Download our quick guide to understanding your Microsoft Exchange Online UM Options
- Download AVST’s Unified Messaging Checklist
- Download AVST’s Case Study on the University of Washington
- Video Explaining the Challenges Raised by the Discontinuation of Support
News & Analysis
- Microsoft’s Technical Blog: Discontinuation of Support
- AVST Press Release
- AVST Answers the Call for Microsoft Exchange UM at BC Strategies
- Microsoft Discontinues Third-Party PBX Integration – What It Could Mean For You at UCStrategies
- AVST Offers Help for Organizations Facing Microsoft's Unified Messaging Deadline at Redmond Magazine
- Reflections on the Recent Microsoft Exchange Online UM Announcement on LinkedIn
- AVST Answers the Call for Microsoft Exchange UM at CLP Central
- Microsoft Announces Discontinuation of Support for Session Border Controllers in Exchange Online Unified Messaging at Practical 365
- Press Release on Telecom Reseller
- Discontinuation of Session Border Controllers in O365 and Why You Should Care at Expta Consulting
- Microsoft Discontinues SBC Support for PBX at Supanet
- Microsoft Dropping Support for PBX Connections Using SBCs at Redmond Channel Partner